January 9, 2019
Five Big Trends We’re Glad To See Hit NRF 2019
If you’re like us, you look forward to NRF every January. It’s the unofficial start of the year. A time to reflect on the past and look forward to the future.
So, as we prepare to travel to New York next week, here are the top trends we’ve been tracking and the sessions we’re looking forward to attending:
- New IT Strategies Driving Longer-Term SuccessThe future of work: How innovative workforce technology enhances the customer experience | GameStop, MarketSource, Inc.
We’re always interested to hear other views on IT strategies that promise to increase employee engagement and enhance customer experience.
Modernize retail IT to deliver exceptional customer experiences in the intelligent store | Dell Technologies, The Home Depot
These two companies don’t seem like they have a lot in common, but they’re both using innovative technologies to drive their retail business forward.
How to pay for it: IT strategies and tradeoffs to accelerate innovation | Rimini Street, Inc., Savers, London Drugs, PETCO, London Drugs
If operations consume up to 90% of your IT budget, how do you find the funds to move your business into the future? It’s all about budget tradeoffs and radical IT options.
- IoT Devices Poised to Shake Up the Retail LandscapeIntelligent labels are redefining the future of retail across multiple industry segments | Auburn University, Avery Dennison, Accenture, Macy’s
We love watching out for the small advances we believe will make huge impacts in the retail space. Intelligent labels are about to shake up the industry at every step in the supply chain.
Bringing together RFID, IoT and AI to revolutionize the supply chain efficiency | Telecon Galicia S.A.
This presentation promises to explore the potential of combining RFID technology, Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence — an area we’ve been exploring for awhile.
- On The Leading Edge of AI and Machine LearningHow AI automates intelligent pricing and replenishment decisions by predicting what’s next! | Blue Yonder, JDA Software, Wakefern Food Corp
AI and Machine Learning algorithms can drive optimized customer experiences and new pricing and replenishment strategies.
Not tooling around – How Home Depot uses Tableau and machine learning for vendor accountability | The Home Depot, Tableau Software
This one promises a look at how Machine Learning can increase customer experience and save money by holding vendors accountable. Check.
I, retail: AI, machine learning and other massive price and promotion game-changers | Drogaria Araujo, Revionics, Constellation Research
This session explores using these technologies to set prices that shoppers want on the items they desire most, all while preserving margin. Great use of these technologies!
- The Argument for Augmented and Virtual Reality in RetailIgniting emotions through AR and VR | The Store, Foot Locker, Inc., The Home Depot, McCormick and Company, Group GS&MD – Gouvêa de Souza
We’ve been following these three companies closely. They’re among the best at capturing consumer imagination through the power of Augmented and Virtual Reality.
- Laying the Groundwork for the Store of the FutureDelivering on the promise of Intelligent Retail | Kroger, Microsoft, Starbucks
It’s all about Intelligent Retail with these giants of the industry. Both brands have a lot to share about delighting consumers, personalizing experiences and empowering employees.
The two technology leaders behind Walmart’s digital transformation | Walmart Inc.
Walmart continues to transform to better compete in today’s changing environment. These changes have positioned them as a proactive digital leader.
Store tour: Best technology integrated stores in NYC | Nordstrom, Inc., Ulta Beauty, Accenture
We’ve been waiting all year for this virtual NYC tour to explore how brands are combining the best of digital and physical to create experiences that are compelling but profitable.
Wow! What a list. And these are just a few of the many sessions at next week’s NRF show. What trends have you been watching, and what sessions are you looking forward to the most? Stop by booth #3681. Let’s compare notes.